Here are some examples of previous projects undertaken by Insights Consulting:
- Provided recommendations to an academic department and to the University Library, California State University at Northridge, regarding the handling and disposition of several large private collections of printed and manuscript music materials. At the time, the collections were being looked after by the department and indexed on microcomputers by graduate students as a special project under the guidance of one of the department's senior faculty. Our report led to the collections' gradually being transferred from the department to Special Collections at the Library, guaranteeing better preservation and ultimately wider access. We remain on call to review and assist CSUN with NEH grant proposal preparation relating to this project.
- Successful applicant for a Weiss-Brown Award, to support the publication of a major bilingual edition of Italian Commedia dell'arte source material: The Commedia dell'Arte in Naples: A Bilingual Edition of the 176 Casamarciano Scenarios. Transcribed by Francesco Cotticelli; Translated and Edited by Francesco Cotticelli, Anne Goodrich Heck, and Thomas F. Heck. Lanham & London: Scarecrow Press, 2001. ISBN 20-8108-4116-9. 1,168 pp. See the Newberry Library web site ("Weiss/Brown Publication Subvention Award") for details.
- Participant in the December 2001 "School for Scanning," a three-day workshop on the latest developments in scanning and digitization in theory and practice, organized by the Northeast Document Conservation Center. Its purpose was to enable managers and planners of digitization projects to make the best choices in today's technological environment.
- Collaborated with an international team of legal scholars and forensic methodology specialists on the book Evidence and Inference in History and Law: Interdisciplinary Dialogues (Evanston: Northwestern Univ. Press, 2002). My contribution was "Schubert Lieder with Guitar: Musicological Evidence and Inference." Click here to read more at the publisher's Web site.
From 2004 through 2009, officially listed with the U.S. Department of State and the CIES (Council for International Exchange of Scholars) as a Fulbright Senior Specialist, available for consultancies abroad in the fields of Librarianship and Archives Administration. The Fulbright Senior Specialists Program is designed to provide short-term academic opportunities (two to six weeks) for U.S. faculty and professionals.
The goals of the program are: (1) To increase the participation of leading U.S. scholars and professionals in Fulbright academic exchanges, (2) To encourage new activities that go beyond the traditional Fulbright activities of lecturing and research, and (3) To promote increased connections between U.S. and non-U.S. post-secondary academic institutions.
Here are some current activities:
Web design consultant and provider of webmastering services for several nonprofits in Santa Barbara, such as
Word and Life: "Thoughtful Christians in search of mature faith"Church of the Beatitudes, Santa BarbaraSt. Anthony Community
- General Editor of the new Refereed Monographs series e-published (in Kindle and ePub formats) by the Guitar Foundation of America, 2011-. See http://www.guitarfoundation.org/?page=EpubsFront for more information.
- Consultant for the Guitar Foundation of America and Manager of the Foundation's project (in 2011) to scan to searchable PDF the complete 36-volume backfile of Soundboard — a 12,000-page treasure trove of documentation on the guitar and guitarists worldwide. Soundboard commenced publication in 1974 and is still going strong.
- Editor of the peer-reviewed journal, Soundboard Scholar, which began publication as an annual in 2015. See http://www.guitarfoundation.org/?page=SBScholarly and http://www.guitarfoundation.org/default.asp?page=SbSLatest